COLLEAGUES FOR EXCELLENCE NEWSLETTER
To view these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the latest version of this FREE software.
Newsletter TitlePublication DateBonus Materials
- Full-Text Article: He J, White RK, White CA, Schweitzer JL, Woodmansey KF. Clinical and Patient-centered Outcomes of Nonsurgical Root Canal Retreatment in First Molars Using Contemporary Techniques. J Endod 2017;43:231-7.
- Treatment Options for the Compromised Tooth: A Decision Guide
- AAE/AAOMR Revised Joint Position Statement on Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics
- Contemporary Endodontic Technology: Cone Beam Imaging in Treatment Planning
Canal Preparation and Obturation: An Updated View of the Two Pillars of Nonsurgical Endodontics (PDF File, 1.2 MB)Fall 2016
- Full-Text Article: Shen Y, Zhou HM, Zheng YF, Peng B, Haapasalo M. Current challenges and concepts of the thermomechanical treatment of nickel-titanium instruments. J Endod 2013;39:163-72.
- Full-Text Article: Ricucci D, Siqueira JF, Jr. Fate of the tissue in lateral canals and apical ramifications in response to pathologic conditions and treatment procedures. J Endod 2010;36:1-15.
- Full-Text Article: Ng Y-L, Mann V, Gulabivala K. A prospective study of the factors affecting outcomes of nonsurgical root canal treatment: part 1: periapical health. Int Endod J 2011;44:583-609.
- Full-Text Article: Ng YL, Mann V, Gulabivala K. A prospective study of the factors affecting outcomes of non-surgical root canal treatment: part 2: tooth survival. Int Endod J 2011;44:610-25.
- Full-Text Article: Monea M, Hantoiu T, Stoica A,Sita D, Sitaru A. The impact of operating microscope on the outcome of endodontictreatment performed by postgraduate students. Eur Sci J. 2015;305-11
- Full-Text Article: Setzer FC, Shah S, Kohli M,Karabucak B, Kim S. Outcome Of Endodontic Surgery: A Meta-Analysis Of TheLiterature – Part 1: Comparison Of Traditional Root- End Surgery And EndodonticMicrosurgery. J Endod. 2010;36:1757-1765
- Full-Text Article: Setzer FC, Kohli M, Shah S,Karabucak B, Kim S. Outcome of Endodontic Surgery: A Metaanalysis of theLiterature – Part 2: Comparison of Endodontic Microsurgical Techniques With andWithout the Use of Higher Magnification. J Endod. 2012;38:1-10
Treatment Planning: Retention of the Natural Dentition and theReplacement of Missing Teeth (PDF File, 1.39 MB)Spring 2015
- Full-Text Article: Setzer FC, and Kim S. Comparison of long-term survival of implants and endodontically treated teeth. J DENT RES 2014;93:19-26.
- Implants. Position Statement of the American Association of Endodontists.
- Full-Text Article: Iqbal MK and Kim SA. For teeth requiring endodontic treatment, what are the differences in outcomes of restored endodontically treated teeth compared to implant-support restoration, Int J Oral & Maxilliofac Implants 2007;22(suppl):96-116.
- Full-text Article: Torabinejad M, Anderson P, Bader J, etc al. Outcomes of root canal treatment and restoration,implant-supported single crowns, fixed partial dentures, and extraction withoutreplacement: A systematic review. J Prosthet Dent 2007;98:285-311.
- Full Text Article: Doyle SL, Hodges JS, Pesun IJ, et al, Retrospective cross sectional comparison of initial nonsurgical endodontic treatment and single-tooth implants. J Endod 2006;32:822-7.
A “3D” Approach for Treating Acute Pain (PDF File, 1.33 MB)Winter 2015
- Full-Text Article: Pak JG, White SN. Pain prevalence and severity before, during, and after root canal treatment: a systematic review. J Endod. 2011;37(4):429-38.
- Full-Text Article: Rogers BS, Botero TM, McDonald NJ, Gardner RJ, Peters MC. Efficacy of Articaine versus Lidocaine as a supplemental buccal infiltration in mandibular molars with irreversible pulpitis: a prospective, randomized, double-blind study. J Endod. 2014;40(6):753-8.
The Standard of Practice in Contemporary Endodontics(PDF File, 2.26 MB)Fall 2014
- AAE Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Form
- Full-Text Article: Gluskin AH. Anatomy of an overfill: a reflection on the process. Endod Topics 2009;16:64-81.
- Full-Text Article: Peters CI, Peters OA. Cone beam computed-tomography and other imaging techniques in the determination of periapical healing. Endod Topics 2013;29:57-75.
- Full-Text Article: Gutmann JL. Surgical endodontics: past, present, and future. Endod Topics 2014;30:29-43.
The Treatment of Traumatic Dental Injuries (PDF File, 1 MB)Summer 2014
Endodontic Diagnosis (PDF File, 670 KB)Fall 2013
- Full-Text Article: Glickman GN. AAE consensus conference on diagnostic terminology: background and perspectives. J Endod 2009;35:1619
- Full-Text Article: AAE Consensus Conference Recommended Diagnostic Terminology. J Endod 2009;35:1634
- American Association of Endodontists Glossary of Endodontic Terms
Regenerative Endodontics (PDF File, 4 MB)Spring 2013
Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (PDF File, 930 KB)Fall 2012
- AAE Position Statement, Endodontic Implications of Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
- Managing the Care of Patients Receiving Antiresorptive Therapy for Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Position Paper on Bisphosphonate-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
Use and Abuse of Antibiotics (PDF File, 1 MB)Winter 2012
Cone Beam-Computed Tomography in Endodontics (PDF File, 1.3 MB)Summer 2011
Root Canal Irrigants and Disinfectants (PDF File, 1.2 MB)Winter 2011
Contemporary Endodontic Microsurgery (PDF File, 1.2 MB)Fall 2010
- Treatment Outcomes in Endodontics: The Toronto Study â€” Phases 3, 4 and 5: Apical Surgery
- Modern Endodontic Surgery Concepts and Practice: A Review
- Outcomes of Nonsurgical Retreatment and Endodontic Surgery: A Systematic Review
- Prognostic Factors in Apical Surgery With Root-End Filling: A Meta-Analysis
Access Opening and Canal Location (PDF File, 1 MB)Spring 2010
Obturation of Root Canal Systems (PDF File, 667 KB)Fall 2009
Taking the Pain out of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics: Current Thoughts and Treatment Options to Help Patients Achieve Profound Anesthesia (PDF File, 890 KB)Winter 2009
- Clinical Factors Related to Local Anesthesia
- Alternative Anesthetic Solutions for the Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Alternative Injection Locations
- Studies Evaluating Mechanisms of Failure With the Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Supplemental Injections
- Intraosseous Anesthesia
- Intrapulpal Injection
- Bonus Material References
Cracking the Cracked Tooth Code: Detection and Treatment of Various Longitudinal Tooth Fractures (PDF File, 1.8 MB)Summer 2008
- Classification of Longitudinal Tooth Fractures Table
- Clinical Determination of Cracks and Fractures Based on Location and Separable Segments (Including Treatment) Chart
- The Obvious and the Obscure: Steps for Crack Detection and Confirmation
- Transillumination: The â€œLight Detectorâ€
- More Information on Post Placement in Endodontically Treated Teeth With Longitudinal Tooth Fractures
- Reference List
- Detailed, Unabridged Version of the Newsletter
Rotary Instrumentation: An Endodontic Perspective (PDF File, 831 KB)Winter 2008
- Young GR, Parashos P, Messer HH. The Principles of Techniques for Cleaning Root Canals. J Austral Dent (Supplement) 2007;52:S52-63.
- HÃ¼lsmann M, Peters OA, Dummer PMH. Mechanical Preparation of Root Canals: Shaping Goals, Techniques and Means. Endod Topics 2005;30-76.
- Peters OA. Current Challenges and Concepts in the Preparation of Root Canal Systems: A Review. J Endodon 2004;30;559-567.
- *Bergmans L, Van Cleynenbreugel J, Wevers M, Lambrechts P. Mechanical Root Canal Preparation With NiTi Rotary Instruments; Rationale, Performance and Safety. Status Report for the American Journal of Dentistry. Am J Dent 2001;14:324-33.
- AAE Case Difficulty Assessment Form
Treatment Planning: Comparing the Restored Endodontic Tooth and the Dental Implant (PDF File, 493 KB)Summer 2007
- Salehrabi R, Rotstein I. Endodontic Treatment Outcomes in a Large Patient Population in the USA: An Epidemiological Study. J Endod 2004;30(12):846-50
- Doyle S, Hoidges J, Pesun I, Law A, Bowles W. Retrospective Cross Sectional Comparison of Initial Non-Surgical Endodontic Treatment and Single-Tooth Implants. J Endod 2006;31
- Wolcott, J. Endodontic Re-treatment or Implants: A Contemporary Conundrum. Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry 2006.
Endodontic Considerations in the Management of Traumatic Dental Injuries (PDF File, 1.4 MB)Spring 2006N/A
Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment and Referral (PDF File, 587 KB)Spring/Summer 2005N/A
Contemporary Endodontic Treatment (PDF File, 659 KB)Fall/Winter 2003N/A
Coronal Leakage (PDF File, 145 KB)Fall/Winter 2002N/A